Sunday, July 10, 2022

WHO AM I?

Hopefully, you have read the two previous blogs concerning "Who is the Holy Spirit?" 

Now let's consider this question "Who Am I"? And why is it so crucial to ask such questions concerning each of us?

Tragically, so many members of the human race generally think that when we leave this earth, we will automatically go to heaven! Therein lies a serious problem. What is this "problem" you might ask? 

Praise God, many, many people have indeed, thankfully, gone to heaven and are with our Triune God, but tragically, so many people could care less, including many "church-goers" and they do not go to heaven! Thus, where are you in this?

Consider beginning with the critical question: "Am I truly in love with the Triune God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit?  And how can I continually prove this in my loving walk with the Triune God?  Just “declaring such” will not “prove it!” 

I have been asked about the special function of each member of the Trinity...the executive is the Father (God), the architect is the Son (Jesus), and the contractor is the Holy Spirit.

It has been said that "When one is truly in love, it is not an exaggeration to just talk/act in such a way! Also, it has been said that we need a "lightness from darkness in our lives and just where does one get such a light?" From our precious God - and do you have such a Light?  (Rabbi Kirt A. Schneider "Discovering the Jewish Jesus-- Host of TV/radio broadcast) 

And where do we get darkness?  "...darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters and then God said, let there be light; and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So, the evening and morning were the first day..." (Genesis 1:3-5)

Let's consider what Paul declared in the book of Matthew 20 "The mainspring of Paul's service is not the love for men, but the love of Jesus Christ." And just how is that concerning us? 

As is written in Oswald Chambers in the book "My Utmost for His Highest (1935)” -

                  "If we are devoted to the cause of humanity, 
                  we shall soon be crushed and broken-hearted,
                  for we shall often meet more ingratitude from
                  from men than we would from a dog; but if
                  our motive is to love God, no ingratitude can
                  hinder us from serving our fellow men. When
                  we realize that Jesus Christ has served to the
                  end of our meanness, our selfishness, and sin,
                  nothing that we meet with from others can
                  exhaust our determination to serve men for
                  His sake."

  Considering "Who am I"? 

- To what do I sense owing indebtedness (owing gratitude) to my Lord Jesus

-  Being aware I can only do as the Lord Jesus works in me in my indebtedness

-  Am I a bondslave of the Lord Jesus realizing I am not my own?

-  Am I free to be an absolute slave of the Holy Spirit?

-  And what is my "foundation" made of ...? Slippery sand or solid rock of the Lord Jesus?

-  How do I start my day? 

Worrying about what is ahead of me or going to the Lord in prayer trusting Him to guide me in peace and praising Him and empowering (to be talked about later) me to accomplish?

-  How do I end my day?

My wife and I holding hands greeting the Lord God, and Jesus with the Holy Spirit literally providing us immediately with real peace in our very beings - we are truly blessed with such peace and then we consider repentance and forgiveness of our sins (privately), then we begin our prayer followed by our night's sleep! 

-  Please remember a Christian must have been "baptized and empowered with the Holy Spirit"! 

                        To be continued in Blog 4...

 BE GLORIFIED, ALMIGHTY GOD, BE GLORIFIED


No comments:

Post a Comment