Saturday, March 7, 2015

Welcome to my blog

Greetings....

As many of you know, I retired from "formal" pastoral ministry in September of 2014 (once a pastor/teacher always a pastor/teacher) and recently believe I have been led of the Lord to begin reaching out "to whomsoever will" through the "blog" system..not that this is the only outlet for ministry, but none- the- less a crucial one!  Interesting enough, one person declared:  "You now are a 'free lance' pastor"!  And indeed, this seems to be what the Lord has me doing...at the moment!

What will this blog look like?  The title "Enhancing Your Christian Walk" essentially denotes the content.  Last year, I taught an adult Sunday School class under this vast umbrella. I will not be entering the political arena, except where it ties into what is being stated in the scriptures.  

I welcome your comments and your questions - do I have all the answers, absolutely not! 
I will encourage you, however, to be like the Bereans as written in Acts 17:11 ".....and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so."
However, please keep in mind that this is not the place to engage in theological "battles", for the enemy would so love to contaminate the purpose of this blog!  

Pray for me as I undertake this opportunity to share with you, under the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, what He places on my heart for the moment.  

It is my desire to present all that is being said in "Spirit and in Truth".  May this blog be such a blessing to you.

I so am looking forward to "enhancing your Christian walk" and hopefully feeding/encouraging you so that you can "feed/encourage" others in their walk with the Lord.

In closing, consider what Paul stated in 1 Thessalonians 5:23 "Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ".  (The Spirit Filled Life Bible -NKJV)



  

21 comments:

  1. Bob,

    Looks Good and I'm looking forward to what you'll share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for your able assistance in helping me set this up...and you have the honor of sending the first comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Bob! PTL!!!
    God's grace & anointing is upon you!!
    Look forward to tagging along...
    MD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God, Mike...thank you and so looking forward to your "tagging along" as well as receiving your input, my brother

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings Pastor Bob, I have been bless from the very first day that I met you, and I'm sure everyone else will be, keep preaching the Word in a pulpit, or a class room or a blog, God's Word will never fall to the Ground with out accomplishing its purpose. Will tag along with you and everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rafael,
      God's Word will never fall to the ground without accomplishing its purpose."The Word is the Bible, and whoever believes in Him and reads the Word, will grow to be more like Him. Although we are flesh our heavenly home awaits.

      Delete
    2. Rafael....bless you for your encouraging words,,,pray all is well with you, my brother! Prayiing for the ministry God has called you to, as l well!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations Bob!! Welcome to the blogosphere and look forward to what you have to share and joining the conversation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori....and so looking forward to your involvement...stay tuned!

      Delete
  7. Bob,
    I so enjoyed your teaching in Sunday School. I believe that Jesus is doing great work through you. As in Ephesians 2:17, I ask that the Lord give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you will be able to help others know him better. I know that you and Pat have been a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tish...we are so thankful to our Lord Jesus for bringing you into our lives and to see how you have matured in your walk with Him..and thankfully He is not done yet...amen?

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! You have been an inspiration to me since day one of meeting you. I'm sure that you will continue to be a blessing with your spoken words that God has placed in your heart. I look forward to your words of wisdom as well as comfort. Thanks for being that listening ear. Pat Lesure-Fought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, that day when I brought my cell phone to you in Memphis...God used that moment to bond a brother and sister in the Lord together..praise God fm Whom all blessings flow..amen?

      Delete
  9. Greetings to you who have checked this out...it is Thursday (3/12) and wanted to give you a head's up that I am working on the next installment...so, please don't think I have forsaken continuing to develop what I believe is an exciting spiritual venture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading you loud and clear, Bob! Preach it... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God...with the help of the Holy Spirit, it will happen...amen?

      Delete
  11. Thanks Bob for this blog. It's a very encouraging read and I appreciate it as I do you and Patricia. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete